Instagram is a great way to promote your brand, but it’s also one of the most competitive platforms out there. If you want people to find you on Instagram, you need to make sure that they can easily find your page in the app and then learn how to engage with it. Here State SEO provide some strategies for getting started promoting an Instagram account:
Build Your Presence on Other Social Media Channels
- Build your presence on other social media channels.
- Build a following on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Use your other social media channels to promote your Instagram account and posts.
- Use your other social media channels to promote your Instagram stories as well.
Create a Hashtag
Hashtags are the lifeblood of social media. They help you reach your audience and grow your brand, so it’s important that you choose them wisely.
The first thing to remember about hashtags is that they’re searchable (you can type in #promo or #promote or even just one word), which means they’ll be easier for people to find on Instagram than if you were using an actual hashtag. The second thing is that hashtags are a great way to get your content seen by new followers who might otherwise never see it because they don’t know what it is!
Finally, don’t forget: hashtags make communities!
Make Your Instagram Feed Visually Appealing
You’re going to want to make sure that your feed is visually appealing and easy on the eyes. This is especially true if you have a ton of followers, because it will take a lot of time for them all to scroll through your photos.
- Use filters and lighting: Filters can help add some fun or cool color effects without having to use too much extra editing power on their own. Lighting also adds atmosphere, so try using different types of lights in different areas of your picture (such as natural light versus artificial).
- Use relevant hashtags: Hashtags are what makes social media sites like Instagram work; they allow people who follow certain accounts or brands’ feeds automatically see those posts when they search specific topics related back toward what those users are looking at (i.e., instead of having usernames included in subject lines like “How To” posts would normally look like: #howto_join_the_mighty_warriors). So make sure all applicable hashtags appear somewhere where readers can easily find them (like above each caption) so they’ll see these immediately upon scrolling down past its first photo.”
Tell a Story With Your Captions
One of the best ways to engage your followers is with captions. Captions are a way to tell a story, provide context for your post, and share important information about you or the brand. For example:
- Use captions to tell a story. If you’re posting an image of yourself at Coachella, explain why you were there in your caption!
- Use captions as part of a longer post that includes other photos from the event or series of photos that make up one larger project (like this one).
- Include hashtags in each photo so others can find it easily when searching for similar content online later on down the line after seeing those posts first hand – especially if they like what they see 🙂
Use Stories to Engage Your Followers
- Use polls to engage with your followers. Polls are a great way to get the attention of your audience and get them involved in a discussion. You can ask questions like “Which food do you miss most from home?” or “What’s the best way to get rid of an itch?”
- Use hashtags on Instagram Stories to include location-based posts. Hashtags help users find other people who have similar interests or goals, so adding these keywords will make it easier for people searching for similar content on Instagram as well!
- Reblog images/videos from other pages (or just repost them) if they’re worth sharing again! This strategy is especially effective when using GIFs—the small, animated pictures often used instead of photos when posting something humorous or interesting in nature.”
Promoting an Instagram Account Doesn’t Have to Be Impossible
Promoting your Instagram account doesn’t have to be impossible. You can use other channels and tools, such as hashtags and stories, to increase visibility for your photos and videos.
- Hashtags: Use hashtags in the titles of posts or captions when promoting on other social media platforms that are relevant for your topic or demographic. For example, if you’re a fashion blogger who focuses on cat-themed clothing (e.g., “cat clothes”), then using #cats would be appropriate because there are many people who follow this hashtag specifically related with cats.
- Stories: If you have lots of followers who like stories but don’t necessarily follow everything else that comes from their accounts, consider posting them through Instagram instead of Facebook or Twitter so they can see more posts without having to scroll through every post available on those other platforms – especially since these two services tend not play well together due their very different user experiences!
Important Question and Answers on Instagram
Question 1: What Is the Best Way to Get Started With Instagram?
Instagram is a great place to start if you want to build a following and connect with people who share similar interests. You can use hashtags to find relevant content and follow influencers who have a good amount of followers. If you’re looking to gain exposure, you can post pictures of yourself doing activities and posting about things you love.
Question 2: How Do I Know What Type of Account to Create?
You should choose between a business account or personal account. A business account will allow you to sell products and services, while a personal account will help you build relationships with others.
Question 3: How Do I Make Sure My Posts Are Engaging?
Posting quality content is always going to attract attention. Make sure you’re taking high-quality pictures and videos and using captions that are interesting and add value to your audience.
Question 4: How Do I Increase Engagement?
Engagement is a metric that shows how many likes, comments, and shares your posts receive. To increase engagement, try posting regularly and with your followers.
Question 5: How Do I Get Followers?
Followers are a great way to show interest in someone else’s page. When you first sign up for Instagram, you’ll need to follow at least 10 people before you’re able to comment on their posts. Once you’ve built up a base of followers, you can start commenting on other people’s posts.
Question 6: How Do I Keep Track of My Followers?
There are several apps out there that can help you manage your followers. Try checking out Hootsuite, Buffer, and Sprout Social.
Question 7: How Do I Promote Myself?
Promoting yourself is a great way to gain visibility and reach new audiences. Post links to your website, blog, and social media accounts in your bio. Also consider sharing your work on other platforms like LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.